JOB TITLE: Slurry Operator
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Production Supervisor
General Summary: Responsible for plant cook operations to ensure maximum quality and quantity in accordance with the company’s operation objectives while maintaining a safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to read, understand and follow standard operating procedures for operation of plant and associated equipment.
- Able to operate laboratory equipment and make technical readings.
- Able to troubleshoot, anticipate and correct problems associated with plant operations.
- Follow the Operations Objectives to reach the facility’s performance objectives and overall goals.
- Communicate with the lab to anticipate or remedy any problems to ensure the highest quality and optimize the facility’s efficiency.
- Keep the facility clean and safe taking into account all local city, state and federal laws and regulations in all operations of the plant.
- Communicate with the maintenance department to anticipate or fix problems in a timely manner.
- Keep and record an accurate and timely log.
- Able to review the slurry and fermentation process to ensure accuracy and the highest quality of product.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Computer literacy.
Education and Experience: No prior experience required. Prior production experience is helpful.
Physical Requirements: Must have ability to lift at least 60 pounds, must have the ability to climb ladders and work at heights of at least 30 feet and manage confined space entry. Must have ability to work a 12 hour rotation shift and be willing to work overtime.
Working Conditions: Work areas are exposed to all elements of weather, loud noise, and dusty conditions. Must be able to work safely with exposure to chemicals and while working with heavy moving machinery.
Complete this application or apply in person. Please forward the application & resume to Homeland Energy Solutions, Attn: Human Resources, 2779 Iowa Hwy 24, Lawler IA 52154. EOE
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.